- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
CAD Engineer - Brakes
We have an urgent requirement for a CAD Engineer with Catia v5 experience to work for a major Automotive client in the West Midlands.
Position Title: CAD Engineer
Duration: 20 Weeks
Division: Chassis Engineering
The Brake Pipes team are responsible for the detailed design of Brake Pipes and other miscellaneous components for all programmes. A high level CAD Engineer is required to produce detailed CAD models for these components. This involves complex routing installations requiring the CAD Engineer to model in both solids and surfaces. Working to the high CAD standards to ensure robust package routings and models will be key as is including all details to ensure the components can be manufactured. This role also includes release of components so an ability to produce detailed drawings through Teamcenter will be required. Additional, good communication skills and assertiveness are required to successfully participate in multi-functional vehicle package reviews.
The candidate will contribute towards the design and delivery of all aspects of the Actuation and Modulation brake components on the allocated vehicle programme or platform. The candidate will work with the Lead Engineers to deliver the technical and gateway deliverables on a brakes programmes. To be part of the multi-functional team who will deliver:
- Lead packaging resolution
- Support supplier sourcing with designs, CAD and Engineering Statement of Work
- Coordinate design activities with suppliers
- Issue management & resolution
- Engineering design release
- Lead part design communisation
- Brake system launch into volume production
- Catia V5 & V6 for solids and surface modelling & ability to use kinematics analysis (package checks) Teamcenter
- Knowledge of the system and component requirements of an automotive braking system
- Ability to communicate confidently and accurately in meetings and by means of presentations & written documents using MS Office applications and other proprietary IT tools.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where success is measured by successful delivery to target which can only be achieved by effectively managing resources and communications in a collaborative and supportive way.
- CAD Model creation CAD model manipulation
- Use of CAD / CAE tools Knowledge of automotive brake system design
- Ability to use CATIA CAE function Ability to use kinematics analysis (package checks)
- Ability to control and release components and drawings through Teamcenter
- Degree in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems