- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Design Engineer
Our client is a global engineering company who specialise in supplying mechanical equipment to the Marine, Oil and Gas, Power Generation and other markets. They are looking for a Senior Design Engineer to strengthen their Engineering team.
- Ensure that products are engineered to the highest standards, are inherently reliable, efficient to manufacture & meet all specification & cost requirements.
- Checking of design engineer drawings & calculations & checking approval.
- Delivery of defined product development and improvement projects to time, budget and specification
- Check all necessary design drawings, calculations & analysis to ensure a robust, reliable solution in accordance with intended application and design codes including the Boiler and Pressure Vessel codes (ASME VIII, ASME IID, PED) and other national and international valve codes.
- Experienced in material selection & able to navigate through design codes / standards to achieve a defined engineered and compliant product every time.
- Engineering investigations, design verification & value engineering of existing products & designs.
- Ensure that the data for product master technical files (drawings, specifications technical files and bill of materials) meet with requirements of PED and other required pressure codes to support the product portfolio from manufacture, assembly, test, operation and overhaul.
- Support the Technical Manager in ensuring the engineering processes and procedures are robust, be followed and are auditable. Also support the Engineering Manager in helping the team to achieve such operational targets and service levels as are specified from time to time. Maintain compliance with all ISO standard and H&S for which the company has accreditation or is working to achieve accreditation.
- Provide consultative support across the Engineering group for new or existing designs. Act as a Senior Design Engineer in a position of responsibility within the Engineering hierarchy for checking other design engineer's drawings / documentation.
- Help develop the engineering competence of engineers e.g. training, mentoring and coaching, including supporting the development of engineers
- Keep abreast of developments in materials and production technology in order to contribute authoritatively to current & new programmes of cost reduction and product development
- Technical problem solving and resolution both in house and externall
- Be fully conversant with machined parts, how to tolerance & dimension engineering drawings correctly and precisely to ensure all parts can be manufactured right first time, every time
- Develop exciting, new, leading-edge designs in line with Business strategy and identify potential new products or opportunities. Ensure designs are value engineered to optimise material and manufacturing opportunities
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge/skills and use these to provide technical leadership
- Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with design, safety, quality and procedural standards, and also complies with the relevant national and international legislation applicable to the specific products
- Release of documentation into the company documentation and design management system
- Provide technical advice on product development / new product development projects / Products.
- Contribute to the development of efficient workflow methods within the Engineering team.
- Help Develop the technical design capability of the Engineering team.
- Help develop the engineering competence of engineers e.g. training, mentoring and coaching, including supporting the development of engineers.
- BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Member of relevant professional body (i.e. IET, IMechE, IED etc.) and attained Chartered Engineer (CEng) status or working towards
- Strong 2D/3D skills (Solid works ideally)
- Ideally experienced in structural Engineering methodologies, hand calculations and software tools (FEA, MathCAD)
- Ideally experienced in Pressure System calculations
- Experienced in material selection & able to navigate through design codes / standards to achieve a defined engineered and compliant product
- Experience in development engineering / product engineering / product design background.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Design Engineer
- Rail jobs on the rise for engineers considering working on HS2
The new vision for a £286m revamp of Birmingham International station has been unveiled and it promises thousands of job opp...
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...