- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Project Engineer, Engine and Hybrid Control
An opportunity exists within the Calibration and Control Team Department for a Project Engineer to deliver on-going client projects.
To deliver client project as part of a team:
1. Technical development of control algorithms and systems on engine, hybrid, OBD and vehicle applications
2. Development of Model-in-Loop and Hardware-in-Loop facilities to support control development
3. Control strategy development on rig, engine testbed, and on-vehicle
4. Technical analysis to achieve tasks with sound evidence base
5. Responsibility for delivering assigned tasks to time, cost and quality on customer projects
6. Interface directly with clients on technical issues
7. Liaison with wider team members to organise and deliver project activities as required
8. Reporting of technical status internally and to customers
9. Supervision of junior team members on assign tasks.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant will have a sound automotive engineering background, and a number of years of experience of successfully delivering projects in a controls and electronic environment either in an OEM or Tier 1 capacity:
1. Minimum degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline (e.g. electrical and electronic engineering/mechanical engineering/physics/computer science/software engineering/maths/control engineering)
2. Experience in control systems for Engine, Aftertreatment, Hybrid vehicle or OBD systems projects
3. Analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
4. Fluent in a model-based development languages, especially Matlab/Simulink
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?