- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
A Project Planner is required to join BAE Systems in Ash Vale on a contracting basis. The ideal candidate will have strong P6 experience.
As a Senior Planner - Combat Systems, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Creation and continuous maintenance of plans to support the execution of projects
- Development of materials requirements to support the plans
- Providing feedback and suggestions to enhance continuous improvement
- Ensure all tasks are carried out to timely targets and to the quality expected by the role.
- Liaise with and maintain strong working relationships with all other areas of the business as required within the job role.
- Work within all company and legislative health and safety guidelines
- Support training, mentoring and guidance to other members of the planning team.
- Prepare company reports required by the business
- Play an active part within meetings as required by the role
- Use appropriate software and toolsets required for the job role.
- Communicate effectively with the team, management and customers, both internal and external.
- Access, stay up to date with and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
As a Senior Planner - Combat Systems, your main skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to HNC/HND Level
- Experience of using P6/SAP Project Planning Tools
- In depth knowledge and experience of producing Project Controls reports, plus you must be a proficient user of modern Planning systems
- Proven track record of working within a defence or similar complex Network Planning environment
- Skilled in the use of all standard Microsoft packages
- Strong communication and analytical skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?