Area of Responsibility
- Manage a cross functional team to collectively deliver all aspects of the Body/Chassis/POWERTRAIN ECUs platform on current and future vehicles.
- Develop and co-ordinate detailed system specifications for all body system ECU features.
- Maintain current supply base and establish strategic partnerships to enhance technology roadmap
- Manage a core engineering test team to ensure robust delivery of all systems and integration sign-off
- Manage and execute testing of all software deliveries including overseeing development of all test facilities necessary to validate the full suite of vehicle electronics features
- Take responsibility for resolving issues on current production and development vehicles.
- Report on current activities, software status and issues at all levels of the business including executive reporting.
- Test customer road cars with the latest features and content before release.
- Develop and co-ordinate DVP plans for all areas associated with the Body/Chassis/POWERTRAIN ECUs.
- Lead all aspects of the future technology roadmap including; technology planning, research activities and business case generation
Knowledge / Experience
- Strong technical project management with proven evidence of decision making and accountability is essential. It is core to the success of our business that these primary roles have the required level of leadership and motivation to succeed;
- Previous experience of OEM or tier one automotive system management utilising all of the key attributes, with a demonstrable record of delivery of the accountabilities.
- Good commercial awareness to maintain a focus on cost, profit, quality and risk.
- A strong track record of delivering designs to timing, weight and cost targets.
- Supplier management, comfortable with understanding and implementing DFM requirements within the project scope.
- Background in low volume, high performance sports or racing cars preferred.
- Documentation of Technical Specifications, DFMEA, DVP, Timing Plans, Minutes and Actions of Meetings.
- Management of a small technically focussed team of engineers.
- Experience of the Systems Development Lifecycle (V Model).
- Ability to produce formal documentation to a professional standard.
- Organised, systematic and understand the process of fault finding.
- Ability to effectively manage time between multiple projects.
- Honours degree in a relevant Engineering subject such as Electronics, Software, or Physics.