- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Software Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior or Lead Electronics Software Design Engineer with experience of Embedded C and C++ Software Design to further develop their career working throughout the design life-cycle.
The ideal candidate will get the chance to work at a Senior Level in the team, taking technical leadership responsibilities for the company's range of High Precision Measurement Instrumentation.
Experience of designing and testing Software in Embedded C is required, and working throughout the design life-cycle is desirable.
The requirements for the role are as follows:
- Able to demonstrate successful Software development leadership in at least three product development projects
- Demonstrable expertise in embedded software design, microprocessor design, low power design and design for production.
- Expertise in one or more of Assembler, C, C++, Visual Studio and Visual Basic/ Object Oriented Analysis and Design with UML notation, e.g. Visio.
- Expertise in integrated development environment compilers and linkers, e.g. IAR.
- Expertise in software life-cycle management including version management tools for controlling software development and production release during the product life cycle.
- Desirable is experience of static and dynamic automated software testing including regression testing
- Knowledge of safety and reliability standards including IEC61508 with some experience of software design for Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2).
- Ideally but not essential: software design for various digital communication protocols; to communicate via HART, RS232, Wireless HART, Profibus and Foundation Fieldbus
If you would like to know more detail about the position please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?