- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
MEP Quality Verification Engineer
I am currently looking for Quality Engineers with strong Rail experience to work on a major Crossrail project.
Purpose of the Job
The Verification Engineer will conduct verification assessments by surveillance across the Central Section to provide an overview of the effectiveness of self-certification by Contractors. Surveillance activities provide detailed evidence of compliance with Works Information of both systems and technical compliance and form an important element of the assurance regime.
- As the discipline lead, you will conduct surveillance across the Central Section on MEP Services being installed by Tier 1 Contractors and their supply chain. Overview and provide verification evidence for the implementation of specified requirements for the effectiveness of Contractors' self certification. Conduct surveillance, by sample, inspecting and reporting on the following:
- Compliance of works (on-going and constructed) with Contractor and Chief Engineers Group (CEG) materials and workmanship specifications, and baseline requirements including codes, standards and approved drawings.
- Availability and approval status of documents used onsite for design and construction.
- Suitability and acceptance status of materials used to construct the works.
- Clarity of acceptance criteria in Inspection and Test Plans (ITP).
- Generation of records to support Contractors' self certification of the works.
- Design compliance with respect to the design process, outputs and programme.
- Compliance of Contractor proposals (detailed technical specifications, drawings, calculations etc.) against the design and performance criteria and technical requirements as stated in the Works Information.
- In co-ordination with the Verification Manager, collaborate with Crossrail Delivery Teams and CEG Heads of Discipline to identify surveillance activities to be completed on a risk based approach.
- Discuss findings with Crossrail and Contractor site teams ensuring alignment with all parties. Report significant findings to the Verification Manager, Head of Quality and CEG where applicable.
- Produce accurate and detailed reports on all completed surveillances for Verification Managers acceptance.
- Work as part of a high calibre and supportive Verification Team under the direction of the Verification Manager. Assist other functions within the Quality Team providing support and knowledge when able to do so.
- Attend selected Quality Focus Meetings as appropriate to discuss major issues arising from surveillance.
- Take responsible care of your own and others' Health and Safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role. Take personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles and Golden Rules. Follow safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Systems installation within Railway Environment (i.e. Ductwork, Pipework, AHUs, Fans)
- Knowledge of Electrical Systems installation within Railway Environment (i.e. Cables, Containment, Fire Alarms, Distribution Boards)
- Understanding of Railway Systems Integration and Coordination within Stations
- Understanding of M&E Design with an ability to align install against design
- Testing and Commissioning Knowledge/Background
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Rail jobs on the rise for engineers considering working on HS2
The new vision for a £286m revamp of Birmingham International station has been unveiled and it promises thousands of job opp...
- Construction sector growth set to create more jobs
The UK construction sector looks set to grow in the back half of this year and into next. Find out what this means for job o...