- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer
My Client is seeking a Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer to join its team working in the Water Industry from their Newcastle office.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and Company expectations.
As part of the Design Team the role has responsibility for providing support in all areas of Electrical Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to infrastructure and treatment assets in line with our clients' strategic direction. The role holder will also provide support and guidance to staff based in the local office.
- Experience within the delivery of electrical design of infrastructure and treatment plant projects, particularly in water and energy sectors
- Responsible for supporting the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
- Undertake scoping and design, and provide ongoing support to Delivery Partners during the construction and commissioning of projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
- Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards. Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
- Undertake checking of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications produced by other Engineers.
- Preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
- Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
- Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
- Work collaboratively within an integrated team environment to deliver design solutions
- Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
- Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
- Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
- Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or other relevant subject
- Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution e.g. IET
- Experience in delivering different stages of projects from feasibility to construction support.
- Knowledge of water and energy sectors.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...