- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
ITS Maintenance Technician
Our client is seeking an ITS Maintenance Technician to provide local Contract and Network support of the M25 RTMC Team, including taking a responsible role for all proactive, reactive and planned maintenance within the network area.
The successful candidate will liaise daily with the Lead engineer to allocate inspections and maintenance schedules, and report to the Service Delivery Manager or nominated deputy as required appraising of progress and fault status.
- Understanding of Regional Control Centre systems including HATMS, COBS and its subsystems, display equipment, CCTV, digital storage devices and motorway communications.
- Demonstrating a high degree of fault competence, including the co-ordination of maintenance teams and liaison with third-party resources.
- Knowledge of digital and analogue transmission systems for data, voice, and video, especially in Transport applications.
- Knowledge and application of current technologies, standards and best practice relating to Highways Agency`s Motorway and trunk road communications systems.
- Maintain an extensive understanding of client processes, specifications and standards.
- Test and commissioning of technology systems and equipment.
- Production of reports and information for stakeholders.
- Responsible for all Technology maintenance tasks as determined by Service Delivery Manager.
Skills and educational qualifications:
- Good knowledge of all Highways Agency Technology equipment.
- Good Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Word.
- ONC or B/TEC Ordinary National Certificate in Electronic engineering or equivalent. Experience of working in a position of responsibility on Motorway Communications or a closely related system with a proven relevant experience.
- Experienced in using UCM (Oracle).
- Skilled in use of e-mail and the Internet.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Highway Maintenance
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...