- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for a Project Manager to join their team in Basingstoke.
Our client is looking for a candidate with a strong Engineering and Manufacturing background with experience of Project Management. The ideal candidate will have experience with machinery and in a "made to order" environment.
- Monitor and control progress of projects through various stages from Sales to Engineering to Manufacturing. This will also include Installation and Commissioning where applicable.
- Manage the supply of major bought out components, machinery and controls solutions to ensure timely delivery in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Represent the company during meetings and negotiations with the customer during the life of a project, ensuring customer satisfaction whilst maintaining company performance targets
- Via regular project review meetings, monitor progress to ensure projects are concluded within agreed budgets, contracted time scales and meet specification with regard to performance and quality, and report upon any identified problems. Where necessary, identify remedial actions to address adverse deviation in project performance / direction.
- Undertake periodic review of contract financials through the review of actual costs reported, and forecast cost to complete remaining work, in relation to budget costs, both at item and contract level.
- Responsible for negotiating contract variations for extras which fall outside of the contracted scope of supply.
- Responsible for reporting any consistent trends in financial returns to enable the company's Sales costing system to be updated.
- Assist in developing and deploying systems and procedures for the effective management of projects, and development of the company's project management competence.
- Provide project management leadership when interacting with colleagues and when subordinates are recruited.
- Assist Finance in the clearance of issues / problems affecting the collection of outstanding debt
- Provide documentation for the bid submission, typically in the creation of project plans.
- As required, review of contract cost estimates prior to final negotiation / submission to the customer
- Take responsibility for the project from Sales at the handover/briefing meeting.
- Co-ordinate the contract review and acceptance procedure to determine whether the company is prepared to proceed with the contract which has been awarded.
- Create and maintain a contract file to establish and record key information and events relating to individual projects.
- Communicating with internal and external customers regarding technical, financial and commercial aspects to ensure satisfactory execution of projects.
- Experience of machinery
- Manufacturing background
- Project Management experience
- Willingness to travel both UK and internationally
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Driving license
- Experience in working in an MRP/ERP environment
- CAPM, IPMA or APM
- Knowledge of Incoterms2010 and an understanding of letters of credit and bank guarantees
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with a good level of competence in MS Project, and Excel
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?