- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Consultant/Landscape Architect - Edinburgh
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Landscape Architect to be based in my clients landscape team and wider EIA team in their Edinburgh office.
My client is currently recruiting for a Consultant/Landscape Architect to work predominantly on UK projects in the energy (renewables), transmission and linear infrastructure and property sectors, with the potential to support international Environmental, Social and Impact Assessments (ESIA).
The successful candidate should have a good understanding of environmental consenting processes in the UK and of the EIA process and regulations. The role will involve working as a key member of an established landscape and EIA team in the delivery of a range of projects, across all sectors.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Desk based environmental baseline data collection and interpretation;
- Site inspections/field reconnaissance;
- Preparation of written and graphic materials for inclusion in Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment chapters and allied reports;
- Participation in client and project team events/meetings;
- Consultation and liaison with stakeholders, statutory consultees and participation in public engagement events;
- Participation in business development activities.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of UK EIA and Landscape Architecture best practice and regulations, be self-confident, diligent, proactive and motivated, and flexible. The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and project teams is essential. By the nature of the role, it is essential that the candidate will be well organisational and have good communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Competent and efficient writing skills;
- Ability to work successfully with colleagues and sub-consultants in the delivery of high quality and robust outputs;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English;
- Numerically competent;
- Well organised and able to prioritise and manage their own workload with minimal supervision; and
- Ability to use a range of IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook) - experience using GIS software and other specialist graphic or analytical software is highly desirable.
- Appropriate degree in Landscape Architecture (Essential);
- Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (Desirable, but my client is able to support employees through the Landscape Institutes Pathways to Chartership programme if required);
- Full driving licence (Essential); and
- Prior project management experience.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.