- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client that specialises in Aero, Auto and Rail interiors, have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to work at their facility in Coventry.
Working as part of the team, reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the development of manufacturing processes and products. You will work to achieve customer requirements whilst ensuring manufacturability and maintaining quality standards.
In order to be successful for the role of Manufacturing Engineer you must be able to function in a fast paced design and manufacturing environment.
You ideally must have;
- Experience working in the interior trim industry with leather, fabric and (Tedlar - Not Essential)
- An understanding of laminating processes involving machinery such as a vacuum bladder press and a high frequency press.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering and welding.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- A minimum of five years' experience as a manufacturing or process engineer.
- Computer literate.
- CAD experience preferable (Not Essential)
- Ability to plan and layout production cells
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience of how to line balance production flows for maximum efficiency.
- Knowledge of utilising tack time to identify production efficiencies.
- Design tooling to aid and improve manufacturing.
- Develop current operations.
- Independently record and analyse data to inform and support improvements.
- Respond to issues in a calm and timely manner ensuring the continuation of production
- Develop innovative long term solutions to improve efficiency and maintain a high standard of quality.
- Implement procedures and documentation to ensure processes can be consistently repeated. This will include but not be limited to work instructions, product cards and BOM's.
- Collaborate and communicate with team members at all levels of the organisation.
- Liaise clearly with customers and suppliers to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Plan and layout production flow to achieve optimum capacity.
- Design and advice on mechanical products such as railway driver seats and other rail and aerospace interior products.
- Maintain performance data and produce KPI's.
If you are interested in the available role then please feel free to contact me on 01489 898 228, or alternatively firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...