- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My client, a large Nuclear Fusion company, are looking for a Department Manager to help grow an existing new business unit.
Responsibilities include management of the department to achieve Authority and business objectives: requirements planning, recruitment, supervision and motivation of staff to ensure efficient operations: management of the safety of staff: preparation of annual budgets: plans and financial controls to comply with agreed budgets: preparation of reports: talks: effective communication across the unit as a whole. This role is key to enabling the delivery of the business initiative and will need to ensure that recruitment and training strategies are in place to ensure that the capability exists to deliver the business needs.
- Engineering degree or equivalent. Chartered status of Engineering professional institute.
- Project management experience and experience in using formal project Management processes.
- Extensive experience of managing professional staff in a complex technological environment.
- Experience of complex, high hazard plant in a safety management or technical management capacity. - Ideally, holding a formal qualification in safety.
- A formal project management or general management qualification would also be advantageous.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Power and Nuclear
- Britain’s nuclear sector generates 6,000 jobs a year
With the UK’s Nuclear New Build programme underway, the sector is screaming out for huge numbers of engineering professional...