- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
My client is currently looking for a permanent Senior Ecologist to be based in their Redhill office.
- Undertaking and managing ecological surveys.
- Ecological reporting and assessment.
- Providing Ecological Clerk of Works role.
- Accountable for preparing and costing ecological proposals.
- Maintaining client relationships.
- Responsible for managing and mentoring junior EIA/ecology team members.
- Instructing and managing ecological sub-consultants.
- Excellent grounding in ecological assessment.
- Held or been agent for several species development or conservation licences.
- Should be competent to lead most of the following surveys:
- Extended Phase 1 survey
- Water vole
- Amphibians incl GCN
- Identifying bat roosts & activity surveys
- Invasive plants
- Protected species licence holder
- Site experience of supervising ecological mitigation.
- Preparation of ecological proposals.
- Full driving licence is essential
- Relevant Environmental degree
- Obtained full membership of CIEEM.
- Previous Consultancy experience
- Proven ability to work within multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Holder of protected species survey and development licences
- Proven experience in undertaking Ecological Impact Assessment
- Ecological Impact Assessment (including Preliminary Environmental Assessment and EcIA).
- Best practice methods of ecological surveys and mitigation
- Team player with effective communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- An ability to work independently with a high level of motivation.
- Professional manner.
- Be willing for some flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location for survey work.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.