- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Mechanisms Design Engineer
Our client seeks an enthusiastic, success driven and committed Mechanisms Design Engineer to support the expanding range of space mechanisms products and challenges envisaged.
The work will cover numerous existing and future product families: such as Reaction Wheels; Antenna Pointing Mechanisms; Imager Focus Mechanisms; Deployable and Tracking Solar Arrays; and Robotic Arms.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an engineer to work on space mechanisms: stimulating and mission-critical products!
The vacancy requires a high level of electro-mechanical technical design, analysis and test coupled with work package management in an exciting and fast-moving environment.
The role will allow the engineer to work on multiple products and influence the product offerings to fulfil the requirements of mission-level projects.
Strong engineering capability coupled with a positive attitude is essential.
· Design and analysis of new or evolution of existing mechanism products including working with other areas of the business for system trade-offs.
· Design for manufacture (DFM)
· Hands-on engineering including development and flight build, testing and spacecraft integration
· Managing multiple tasks and work packages in parallel with changeable priorities
· Interfacing with internal and external customers including presentations, technical reviews, meetings
· Authoring technical documents (e.g. design reports, procedures, test reports)
· Demonstrated experience of mechanical design (e.g. machine design) either within academia, or within career or as a hobby (e.g. robotics or similar)
· Mechanical design experience including: stress-critical components; precision tolerance analysis; drafting; materials awareness; and fabrication/manufacture methods appreciation.
Knowledge & Skills
· MEng or BEng or equivalent in engineering
· An appreciation of Design for Manufacture (DFM).
· Self-motivated, creative, high attention to detail and accountable
· Practical ability
· Ability to work autonomously or within project team(s) and a real company player
· Strong communication within company and outside to customers and suppliers
· Ability to work under pressure in an organised manner: positive and persistent attitude
· Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
· Knowledge of components (e.g. bearings, actuators, transmissions, feedback devices)
· Use of CAD and FEA software knowledge preferable with design/idealisation intent
· Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?