- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Composite Engineer (prepreg)
We have a new requirement for a Lead Composites Engineer to join an extremely busy Marine boatbuilding manufacturer.
The responsibilities of the Lead Composite Engineer include:
- Project manage introduction of composite processes into production and ensure production readiness
- Work closely with design and product development for design for manufacture (DFM)
- Develop composite manufacturing processes, procedures and tooling
- Establish and document standardised process and procedures
- Identify skills and training requirements
- Work to optimise quality and efficiency standards
- Problem Solving and root cause analysis to support continuous improvement
- Support production through identifying, reporting and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain a competitive manufacturing environment through research of technology and adoption of the latest industry standards.
- Assist in the planning of equipment to optimise efficiency and throughput.
- Ensure products are built to specification and manifest a quality orientated culture in the team.
We are looking for experienced candidates with a wealth of composite knowledge, the ideal candidate will have:
- Direct experience with layup, bonding and assembly of prepreg composite structures in a production environment.
- Experience of Carbon fibre Pre Preg lay up
- Deep understanding of process parameter and material characteristic interrelationships.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Previous experience in a leadership role in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field.
Please call fo ran informal discussion 01489 898 156 or email email@example.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- 6 qualities of a successful Production Supervisor
What does it take to become a successful Production Supervisor? Louise Lees, Maritime Recruitment Specialist, describes the...
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...