- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
System Engineering Lead
Systems Lead Engineer to join an established company to across the Systems Lifecycle with cutting edge defence and security systems!
System Integration and Test Lead role will provide technical leadership for teams related to System Platform integration, ILS, Training, MTRC, UX and system performance on the Project. The role requires a candidate who has proven in-depth system integration and testing expertise in planning, scheduling, executing and delivering a C4I Capability.
Required Education & Experience:
- Recent experience as a Technical lead or manager of a large Systems Integration and Test team.
- A Degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT discipline or equivalent wide range of relevant experience.
- Technical Leadership experience of planning, configuring and managing Systems Integration and Test engineering facility and team on large scale Defence design and development programs.
- Practical hands on experience of managing lab and field based military systems testing including equipment/system commissioning and fault finding.
- Experience in build and test automation.
- Microsoft Windows Platform experience with good understanding of Windows architecture, services, security features, and virtualization
- Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools or equivalents: IBM DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert, PTC Integrity Modeler (Artisan) and Microsoft Office tools
- Defence/aerospace industry background.
- Understanding of tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios, routers, switches and system management considerations
- Experience of defining, designing, implementing and executing test automation to reduce effort, costs and time.
- Experience of managing the integration of changing software, hardware and firmware baselines.
- Provided High Level of technical expertise and guidance to the team, specifically messaging and routing protocols, APIs, TCP/IP, UDP, including those applicable to wireless and wired environments
- Technical awareness of electrical, mechanical and computer systems hardware including knowledge of commercial IT architecture and technologies
- Adaptation of off-the-shelf Information Technology (hardware and software) for domain-specific (military) use.
- Proven methodical analytic fault finding skills - comfortable working in a technical laboratory while adhering to lab rules e.g. safe handling, equipment tracking and ESD
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Visio.
- Ability to manage a well-structured technical documents and review process to achieve release to committed deadlines.
- Ability to present formally at progress reviews and contribute productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the BCIP system is highly desirable.
- Experience gained across all phases of the system engineering lifecycle.
- Software-intensive systems design, development and testing following Agile methodologies, preferably the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Confident and collaborative when dealing with customers, users, business partners/suppliers and third parties.
- Proven team builder, comfortable in providing leadership in the presence of uncertainty and unplanned change.
- Comfortable in managing groups of technical experts with diverse interests and backgrounds, including delegation to direct reports.
- Knowledge of safety-related aspects of engineering, including SIL.
- Knowledge of Human Factors processes and techniques.
- Track record of influencing process improvement to increase efficiency, reduce cost and increase quality of outputs.
All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.