- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager - Yorkshire
Our client is a leading design & build contractor working within the UK water sector. They are seeking an experienced Project Manager to assist in delivering non-infrastructure schemes for their client Yorkshire Water.
Our client are working with clients across the UK water sector helping them to solve their AMP6 challenges. Our clients' business in Yorkshire is seeing strong growth on the back of successfully delivering a number of projects as part of a number of long term Framework agreements with Yorkshire Water, and as a result we are looking to recruit new talent into our Project Delivery Team to support this growth. On the back of this growth we have established a new office located within ¼ mile of J31 of the M62 providing excellent links to M1, M62 & A1.
Our client has a unique offering, providing services from feasibility and design through to offsite fabrication, installation, construction and commissioning whilst supporting clients with operations and optimisation of assets. This means you will have the opportunity to develop solutions and see them delivered, working closely with our site teams. So, if you're looking for a new challenge, working for a different type of organisation during a period of exciting growth, then read on about your new role.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of non-infrastructure, multi-disciplined projects predominately within the water industry across the Yorkshire Region, ranging from £100k to £5m.
One of the primary responsibilities will be to interpret contract commitments and to manage stakeholder expectations.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the key deliverables within each stage of the project are being administered to the highest quality. You will ensure that the proper interpretation of the design briefs are established and the delivered solutions meet and exceed the expectations of internal and external stakeholders. Collaboration will be key to enable the most efficient and cost-effective approach in delivering outstanding projects while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and quality.
The Project Manager is responsible for all commercial aspects of the project. Assisted by the Contracts Manager and the Commercial team you will develop strong contractual and financial controls to deliver rigorous cost control and cash management for each of your projects.
Other duties include: -
- Promote strong H&S behaviours, leading by example
- Ensure all necessary Health, Safety, and Environmental management documentation is produced, is appropriate, communicated and understood by the project team
- Manage the design process utilising our in-house professional services team
- Develop a robust baseline construction programme, with critical path analysis, ensuring it is frequently maintained and communicated with the client
- Identification and allocation of project staff to ensure projects are delivered within time, cost and to high quality
- Identification and management of contract change, utilising the necessary contractual mechanisms within the prescribed timescales
- Utilise management tools to drive procurement and TOTEX savings
- Supply chain and sub-contract management including agreement of monthly valuations and final accounts
- Accountable for project costs and forecasting cost to complete to ensure commercial and financial targets are achieved or exceeded
- Responsible for development and implementation of Inspection and Test Plans and repots to ensure all installation work is to standard and specifications as set out by the contract
- Provide day-to-day management for allocated project engineers, site managers and graduate engineers
- Build trust with customers and stakeholders, keeping them updated on progress and acting upon feedback
- Empower and inspire others to innovate and drive continuous improvement
- Make sound, evidence-based decisions, assessing risks and identifying opportunity
- Encourage commercial challenge at all times
- Utilise collaborative planning tools to drive outperformance
- Ensure compliance to Internal and client system & procedures
Skills and Experience
- Experienced Project Management Professional
- Ability to motivate and inspire teams to achieve successful outcomes
- MEICA background with experience of working with in the Water Industry (Non-Infrastructure)
- Leads by example for Health, Safety & Environmental Controls
- Experience of NEC suite of contracts
- Strong sub-contract management experience
- Commercially astute and able to demonstrate experience of delivering good P&L outcomes
- Excellent programme management skills - ability to deliver ahead of completion dates including project completion and close-out documentation
- Quality management - experienced in the use of Inspection and test planning and reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Have good IT skills including MS Project, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.