- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Flood Risk Consultant - London
Our client is currently seeking a Flood Risk Consultant with over 3 years' experience in the flood and water management sector, to be based in either their Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Peterborough, East Grinstead or London offices.
About the role
The candidate will have a strong analytical background who can contribute to the delivery of complex flood risk projects and working closely with a team of specialists. The candidate should have practical experience of working in the flood risk industry and the hydraulic and hydrological modelling and GIS software that we use.
What you will do:
- Hydraulic modelling of river, sewer or coastal processes and/or
- Flood Estimation Handbook hydrological analysis methods, including the Statistical Analysis method, ReFH and with use of the FEH CD-ROM V3 and WinFAP V3
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues and work co-operatively across functions and business units to deliver joint projects, share information and ideas
- Work towards your chartership through structured mentoring and exposure to a wide range of project and technical disciplines.
Your experience will include:
- Minimum Degree level (Masters preferable) qualification in Engineering, Earth Science, Environment Science, Geography, or Water
- Able to demonstrate a strong competence in the hydrology and hydraulic modelling software packages (such as TuFlow, ISIS or InfoWorks ICM), and/or hydrological analysis including FEH and ReFH
- Experience of working within a team, able to demonstrate good communication skills (verbal and written) and commitment to mentoring more junior staff
- Desirable: Experience in GIS or AutoCAD software packages (such as MapInfo, ArcGIS or QGIS)
What's in it for you?
Our client believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes them so effective at what they do.
As well as a generous basic salary, they also give you 25 day's holiday, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as they grow are almost endless. Their mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.