- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Flood Risk Consultant - Various locations
Our client are currently seeking Flood Risk Consultants for their Flood Risk and Water Management Teams based in their Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Birmingham, Peterborough, London or East Grinstead offices.
About the role
We are seeking a candidate with a strong engineering and/or analytical background who can contribute to the delivery of complex flood risk projects and working closely within a team of specialists. Someone who is driven to progress their careers and contribute to the development of more junior staff and growth of the team. The candidate should have experience of working in the engineering and flood risk sector and some of the hydraulic modelling, hydrology and GIS software that we use.
What you will do:
- Hydraulic modelling of river, sewer or coastal processes and/or
- Flood Estimation Handbook hydrological analysis methods, including the Statistical Analysis method, ReFH and with use of the FEH CD-ROM V3 and WinFAP V3 and must have applied these to a wide range of rural and urban catchments
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues and work co-operatively across functions and business units to deliver joint projects, share information and ideas
- Work closely with senior staff to enable delivery of the wider teams workload
- Manage the delivery of packages of works and be provided training in project management
- Provide technical support of more junior staff and undertake quality assurance reviews
- Mentor support more junior staff to aid in their professional development
Your experience will include:
- Masters level qualification in engineering or relevant environmental science
- Experience of working within a team and able to demonstrate good communication skills (verbal and written)
- At least two years experience of hydraulic modelling software packages (ISIS/Flood Modeller/Tuflow/InfoWorks ICM) and relevant supporting software packages (SMS, MapInfo, ArcGIS and / or QGIS), and/or hydrological analysis including FEH and ReFH
What's in it for you?
Training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job, We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...