- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Technician - Development Management
Our Essex based client is seeking a Highway Technician to assist with the identification, preparation, design, planning, programming and ordering of Highway work and services throughout Essex.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing timely and accurate advice to County Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils and the general public on all highway-related matters as required. You will also contribute to the teams performance in providing speedy and courteous responses to queries and complaints in accordance with relevant targets and standards, and provide assistance to the team in relation to all aspects covered within the function of the group.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- HNC, A-level education or equivalent qualification, or experience in highways.
- Membership of or working towards a relevant Professional Institution is desirable including evidence of continuous professional development.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, managing the design and implementation of highway schemes including statutory processes involved with these activities.
- Knowledge of national guidance, legislation and regulations relating to design and implementation of highway schemes.
- Experience of dealing with Members and the public.
- Knowledge of budgetary governance and controls.
- Knowledge of relevant engineering or service techniques and procedures including the use of specialist software tools as required.
- Appropriate knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations.
- Ability to prioritise own work to support business priorities. Manages own performance and seeks feedback to improve where identified.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key people both internally and externally.
- Conversant with Microsoft applications- Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Required to be mobile throughout an operational area (or throughout Essex or similar where more appropriate) and therefore a valid driving licence and use of car where not provided, unless the role can be undertaken effectively by alternative transport arrangements.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.