- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Site Agent (Thames Tideway)
Our client is a civil engineering and infrastructure specialist with over 35 years experience in the construction industry. They are seeking to appoint an experienced Site Agent to deliver a flagship project in Tidway Central.
Main purpose of the role
Responsible for the management of the construction site in order to achieve required project delivery to the customers' objectives, while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control. You will deliver a flagship project in Tideway Central, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance. The successful candidate will work closely with the Project Manager, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the successful delivery of a multimillion pound project
- Reporting to project manager
- Lead a team of Sub agents, Engineers and Foremen to deliver the work safely, without environmental incidents and to the specified quality.
- Ensuring the commercial performance of the contract is maximised.
- Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, RAMS, ITP's are in line with client specifications and company procedures.
- Input into construction programme
- Undertake an ambassadorial role representing the business to customers, public and official bodies.
- Deliver end product to customer satisfaction.
- Populate and manage the cost plan for the project.
- Maximise project value.
- Ensure detailed site records are completed by the team
- Maintain commercial tension to drive out cost and challenge the status quo.
- Produce good quality, accurate monthly reports for the Client and internally.
- Chair weekly site meetings in line with company procedures.
Key measures & targets
- Monthly and weekly reporting timescales are met.
- Adherence to Business Unit Objectives.
- Maintain safe site.
- Ensure 3 Pillar KPI measures are met.
- Liaise and develop relationships with customers and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with team members and other departments.
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum 3 years working as Site Agent for a contractor, delivering projects in a highly regulated environment such us Crossrail.
- Considerable experience in Civil Engineering.
- Working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, Design Management, Programme & Risk Management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting.
- Good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to general civil engineering.
- Degree in Civil Engineering / HNC or equivalent as a minimum.
- CEng MICE preferred.
- CSCS mandatory.
- IOSH Managing Safely or SMSTS.
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator.
- Excellent communication, people and team management skills.
- Able to challenge designs and resolve technical problems.
- Demonstrate the right behaviours and lead the team to ensure the culture is in line with our company values.
- Ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...