- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Testing & Commissioning Manager
I am currently looking for a T&C manager to oversee a team of engineers on the 4LM project.
The introduction of ATC signalling to the London Underground Sub Surface Rail lines, the Metropolitan, Circle, District and Hammersmith & City lines, is a key part of the Four Lines Modernisation programme (4LM). A new CBTC signalling system is to be introduced in 15 stages called Signalling Migration Aras (SMAs) to these lines, with commissioning of the first SMA planned in 2018.
The testing & commissioning of the new signalling system requires complex logistical arrangements implemented in cancelled Engineering Hours and during weekend possessions including test train operations.
T&C Managers work in the LU T&C team, reporting to the T&C Principal Project Engineer, responsible for the planning and execution of safe and efficient test shifts. These T&C Managers are required to have knowledge and experience of test operations in accordance with the LU Rulebook and a safe system of work.
The following skills, knowledge and experience are desirable for this role:
* Experience of test train operations
* Experience of signalling upgrades
* Knowledge of the LU Rulebook
* Experience of preparing and reviewing safe systems of work
* Experience of preparing Test Briefing Notes
* Experience of Connect radio communications
* Site Person in Charge (SPC)
* Protecting Workers on the Track - Traffic Hours (PWT-TH)
* Passport to Depots
* Experience of working with LU operations and maintenance
* Experience of working in Engineering Hours, cancelled Engineering Hours and Possessions
* Knowledge of the lines under test on the 4LM programme
This role is largely site based, with the sites varying from night to night and situated anywhere on the LU network.
The role will require working in Engineering Hours and throughout weekend possessions
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.