- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
C# Software Engineer
Urgent requirement has arisen working on a future re-signalling project for a large rail company in Birmingham. We are looking for C# engineers with experience of developing in an engineering background to join the team.
Job Specification: Software Engineer, Future Signalling.
- Enjoys working on short projects (typically up to six months)
- Willing to work on technically challenging projects
- Comfortable with all aspects of software engineering
- Likes configuring and fault finding software development environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Typically 5+ years in a software development role
- Software development life-cycle processes, eg "V model", agile methods
- Producing documentation to support software development
- Good working knowledge of
- Object orientated design
- Gathering and analysing requirements
- Simulink / Stateflow modelling
- Configuration management tools, eg SVN, Git, PVCS
- MIL, SIL and HIL testing
- Programming languages: C#, Python, C, C++
- Improving software processes
- Integrating COTS hardware and software
- Enhancing tool functionality using APIs and scripting languages
- Delivery of SIL compliant software
- Development of software and / or systems for the railway industry
- Knowledge of EN50128 (advantageous)
- Working towards or already attained a recognised professional accreditation, eg CEng or similar
- Good working knowledge of DOORS, SVN, Enterprise Architect
- SCADA and / or PLC based systems
- LabView and or C# (advantageous)
- Good first degree in a relevant computing or engineering discipline
- A higher degree (MSc or PhD) is advantageous
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.