- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Maintenance and Facilities Manager
Maintenance and Facilities Manager is required to work in Banbury for a leading Automotive company.
We are looking for a Facilities and Maintenance Manager to work in a permanent position based in Banbury.
Your main role will be to pro-actively lead a team of Engineers and Operatives to drive the development and ensure effective management of all the Maintenance and Facilities functions.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of Engineers in achieving departmental KPIs.
- Support the creation of departmental budgets and capital expenditure proposals and justifications.
- Ensure there is a robust process for the management of spares to prevent downtime and minimise stock holding.
- Review the control process for maintenance tools, stores and equipment to ensure adherence within your department.
- Co-ordinate the installation and maintenance of new equipment specifications and guidelines including upgrades, capital refurbishment and engineering changes. Liaise where appropriate with the Production & Process Engineer.
- Support the Risk Assessors with facility risk assessments and any improvement recommendations are reviewed and acted upon where appropriate for the business.
- Each area will include management of environmental and carbon footprint reduction activity.
-Monitor departmental KPIs and expenditure and set targets to direct reports accordingly.
- Co-ordinate site shut down activities to ensure a value added, well organised plan agreed in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Leading a team of Cleaning Operatives and Supervisors in achieving required standards of hygiene to plant and equipment. Maximise the level of cleanliness and safety of equipment.
- Ensure consumables are controlled and cost improvement proposals are discussed with your Manager.
- Support the process of value added/cost down activities both internally and through supplier agreements.
- Minimise overtime expenditure and ensure a robust plan to eliminate this cost.
- Actively promote and drive a culture of continuous improvement, working with your manager to develop better and more efficient ways of working. Make recommendations for PETA improvement groups to address repetitive issues.
- Control labour resource; manage absence cover when required, ensure labour is correctly and fairly utilised with correct disciplines, maintain a resource map and be able to make well justified proposals for change where you identify a future gap.
- Enhance and improve team members' performance; setting personal objectives annually, conducting reviews and 1-2-1 meetings, holding return to work meetings for any absence, monitor performance and carry out annual training needs analysis.
Key Performance Indicators
* Drive the culture for near miss reporting.
* Maximise uptime rates towards 100%
* Measurable reduction in energy year on year.
* Achieve all set KPIs for Maintenance and Facilities activities (as per objectives).
* Absence (sickness) levels must be below 2%.
* Zero non-conformances of audits attributable to your department.
* Uphold audit accreditation for TS16949 and ISO14001.
* Training Matrix validations completed and up to date.
The salary is upto £40,000 per annum
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.