- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Lead Archaeological Consultant
Our client, one of the joint ventures supporting phase 1 works on HS2 are looking for an Environmental Advisor to be primarily based from their office in Birmingham to support them on a 12 month contract basis
1. Purpose of the Job
To act as main point of contact for a Sector of the central section route overseeing technical delivery of the Historic Environment Research & Delivery Strategy (HERDS) subcontractors works. Support the HERDS Technical Package Manager in delivery of HERDS package schedule and deliverables. To liaise directly with the joint venture sub-contractors.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Prepare project plans, scoping documents and desk studies as required and liaise with HS2 and stakeholders
- Quality assure subcontractor deliverables and submit for acceptance to HS2
- Overseeing HERDS activities within the area of responsibility at each geographic location or system based area and ensure deliverables are submitted by subcontractors in accordance with agree programme.
- Supporting the Technical Package Manager in preparing communications and instructions (change control) to subcontractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Providing schedule data to land access and logistics teams
- Maintain issue register
- Maintain stakeholder engagement register
- Liaising with the site supervisor and site engineer to support the subcontractors progress and manage site works
- Liaising with the Site Supervisor for monitoring contractor's mobilisation and logistics.
- Deliver presentations and works updates to local community groups in liaison with community engagement teams
- Provide content and contribution to the joint venture and HS2 media programme
- Review method statements in liaison with site engineer.
- Co-operate with the joint venture in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for the joint venture vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with the joint venture Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Fusion's information or information systems at risk
3. Main challenges of the job
Working in a dynamic project environment where change is a constant characteristic:
- Managing multiple packages and deliverables to meet deadlines
- Delivering on the environmental requirements for the project and route wide written scheme of investigation objectives whilst maintaining the project programme
- Communicating archaeological requirements and creating good working relationships with Industry Partners, stakeholders the delivery team and main works contractors
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Key working relationships
- Reports to Archaeology Technical Delivery Manager
- Supervises the archaeology field assistants
- Works closely with the Site Supervisor, Land Access Coordinator, H&S and Environmental Advisors, Community Relations Officers and other members of the Package team
- Collaborates closely with subcontractor's and supplier's representatives.
- Develops effective working relationships with key stakeholders and community representatives.
5. Person specification
- Qualified field archaeologist or related profession
- Experience of managing historic environment sub contracts
- Experienced in historic environment survey and mitigation design for fieldwork and post excavation processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based H&S and Environmental processes and procedures.
- Knowledge and use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.