- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Project Manager - Fareham
My client, a systems integrator, is looking for a Project Manager to join an established team delivering Control and Automation projects in the utility, nuclear, power and manufacturing sectors. The role will be based in Fareham.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate
a solid understanding of contract management as well as the project management attributes mentioned below.
The ideal candidate is likely to have worked for a Main Contracting or Systems Integration organization and will
be required to deliver commercial automation projects to key customers to cost, time and specification. A
reasonable amount of travel to customer sites in the south of the UK is expected.
Exciting opportunity to shape the future of a leading System Integrators office in Hampshire.
The candidate hired for this role will have a background of project management on ICA engineering projects
along with a technical understanding of PLC / SCADA / DCS systems and process instrumentation. this
opportunity will be to join an established team delivering Control and Automation projects in the utility, nuclear,
power and manufacturing sectors. You will need to be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of contract
management as well as the project management attributes mentioned below.
Candidates with experience working for a main contractor of Systems Integrator will be at an advantage as you
will be required to deliver commercial automation projects to key customers to cost, time and specification.
It is worth noting that a reasonable amount of travel to customer sites in the south of the UK is expected.
* Ensure all projects are delivered to given timescales, specification and budget.
* Financial responsibility for projects with individual values usually of £100Ks with a cumulative value of circa £1m
* People-management responsibility for leading and motivating teams of hardware, software, site engineers.
* Close management throughout the whole development and project lifecycle.
* Attention to the detail of planning, especially in site commissioning requirements.
* Responsibility for managing small subcontracts for civil, mechanical and electrical works.
* Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients.
* Assist in securing future business by cultivating customer expectations through excellent delivery.
* Responsibility for Quality Control for all projects involved.
* Responsibility for all Health and Safety aspects of projects.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Control & Automation
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems