- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Product Design Engineer
Our client is a world leader in construction machinery. They have a permanent position for a Product Design Engineer to join the Power Systems Team, based in Derby.
As a result of growing demands and a number of exciting engine development programmes, we are seeking a Senior Design Engineer. The post will suit an individual looking for an opportunity to develop their career within a fast paced organisation at the cutting edge of engine design and development.
You will be responsible for taking new engine systems and components from concept to flawless launch, ensuring a robust system/component sign-off meeting all regulatory, quality, cost and timing requirements.
- Deliver engine systems/components from concept to delivery - from specification, through analysis, testing and development, to engineering sign-off.
- Create system and component specifications and design (cascaded from programme targets) - using/commissioning the relevant analysis tools to support data driven design decisions.
- Develop system and component FMEAs, and DVPs.
- Co-ordinate and supervise DVP tests/analyses (analytical, rig, engine and machine)
- Resolve engineering issues using recognised methodologies
- Support programme gateways and reviews
- Provide clear communication and support to all customers, engineering teams and suppliers:
- Coordination with other functional areas, such as programme teams, purchasing, quality, other development teams
- Monitor and report status to relevant parties
- Highlight issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Supplier management:
- Work in a simultaneous engineering environment to support the development plan, ensuring design for manufacture and assembly.
- Manage suppliers via the APQP process
- Work with suppliers to deliver prototypes and PPAP parts to schedule, meeting quality and performance requirements
- Communicate lessons learned, propose design guide/process updates.
In addition to a passion for engineering, a proven track record of delivery, and a desire to be 'hands-on' with projects from concept to completion, the candidates will:
- Have a degree in an associated mechanical engineering discipline, with a sound understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles (showing an attention to detail, and being data driven).
- Have a sound grasp of the engine product development cycle, and expertise in engine system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools)
- Ideally, have experience with an engine manufacturer or Tier 1 supplier
- Demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, and good commercial awareness
- Be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
- Show flexibility - the role requires travel to customer and supplier sites
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?