- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
A Test Lead is required to join BAE Systems in Scotstoun on a three month contract.
The Test Lead is responsible for ensuring that the solution works as expected and meets all aspects of the Business Requirements, Business Case and Test Plan documents. The Test Lead should ensure that the solution meets the needs of end users in terms of performance, reliability and operability with attached systems.
The structure of testing will follow the standard "V-Model" comprising, in sequence, Unit, Process, System, UAT. Data and CRP testing regimes will run in parallel if required. Deviations from this will be made with the agreement of the Project Manager.
The Test Lead will form a suitable team(s) to carry out all testing activities and is responsible for securing test facilities and infrastructure to support the plan..
· Oversee the requirements (functional specifications) for Unit and Process Testing of Custom Code. Requirements will be documented by the developer.
· Oversee requirements (functional specifications) for Process Testing. Requirements will be documented by the SME.
· Oversee Test Scripts for Data Migration Testing. Requirements will be documented by the Data Migration team.
· Define and document End to End Testing Scenarios.
· Write the Test Plan for all phases of testing.
· Execute Process Testing.
· Execute Systems Testing.
· Develop and execute UAT Scripts
· Monitor Performance Testing
· Design and execute UAT.
· Provide recommendation for Complete System.
· Conduct Go-Live Readiness Assessment.
· Experience of similar test projects and ideally certified to ISTQB.
· Good communicator.
· Find solutions to complex problems.
· Input and adhere to the project plan.
· Have or achieve understanding of the technical aspects of ERM & Windchill, BAE business processes, BAE technology stack and interfaces.
· Experience of working with a Document Management System eg. Windchill. Or ERP Systems desirable.
· Experience of software testing essential.
Rate are available in limited, umbrella and PAYE.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?