- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
LNG Marine Superintendent
My client a reputable LNG Ship Owner are currently looking to hire another Marine Superintendent to their established London based fleet team.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Chief Officer or proven Captain who is very well versed in LNG Cargo Operations and who has a high level of Navigational competence.
Reporting to the Marine Manager and General Manager as required. The Marine Superintendent will act generally under the direction of the Marine Manager. The role will involve advising on marine, navigation, mooring and cargo issues. This position will also be the lead position for ship / shore compatibility studies and Optimoor studies. The Marine Superintendent will also carry out navigation audits as and also vessel inspections and SIRE format inspections (Pre-Sire inspection) as required.
- Ensure that he is fully up to date with all Company Regulations, International and National Statutory requirements and, as far as possible, developments that relate to the navigational, deck and cargo handling aspects of the marine industry. This is to include full knowledge of SOLAS, MARPOL, SOPEP and the Company Quality Systems.
- Visit vessels as instructed by the Marine Manager, or General Manager, reporting on operational matters and advise on all day-to-day navigation, deck and cargo, and if required HSSE related matters.
- Assist the Marine Manager to advice on mooring layouts, bridge layouts and equipment, accommodation refitting, cargo piping, measuring devices and cargo/ballast tank coatings for new buildings and retrofits.
- Advise on and monitor the supply of nautical publications, charts and corrections to the fleet, and the Office, both paper and electronic.
- Assist with the assessment of operational risks as necessary.
- Periodically check the accuracy of the electronic tracking system to ensure the information given is correct in the event of an emergency.
- Advice on all navigation, mooring, berthing, un-berthing and cargo issues and represent the Company at ship/shore interface meetings as and when required.
- Lead on compatibility and Optimoor studies.
- Maintain vessel particulars on OCIMF, SIGTTO and similar databases
- Maintain vessels particulars on Q88 as per customers request. He has, in the absence of the Marine Manager, direct access to the highest management level to bring their attention to navigational matters.
- Assist and advise on content for Company Circulars related to Marine Department issue.
- Create, Review, Distribute and maintain records of Marine Advisory Notices as instructed by the Marine Manager
- Will perform the duties of the Marine Manager, during his absence.
- Monitor the routine use of weather routing systems.
- Assist and advise on improvements to the Company SMS, specifically related to marine, navigation, mooring and cargo issues.
- Represent the Company at Charterer's and industry conferences and seminars as required.
- To act as marine advisor to the Company's emergency response team.
Essential: Has a Senior CoC. Served as at least Chief Officer (18 months+ Seatime) or previous experience as a Marine Superintendent in a Ship Owner/Manager Environment.
Desirable: Has a STCW II/2 CoC License. Served as Master on Gas Carriers and or previous experience as a Marine Superintendent operating Gas Carriers or dangerous cargo tankers.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.