- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is a successful and growing engineering company who design a range of equipment and machinery. They are looking for a Concept Design Engineer to join their business.
The Concept Design Engineer will be developing creative technical solutions that meet customer's expectation. Through discussions and meetings with the customer, develop an understanding of their requirements. Working with internal specialists within the company and their strategic supplier partners develop and create technical solutions to meet these requirements and exceed the customers' expectations. Create and deliver professional methods of presenting these concepts and ideas to the customer. Provide direct support to the development of new business opportunities.
- Development of creative technical solutions.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the customers' technical requirements and business expectations.
- Investigating new technologies and products suitable for use within the concept.
- Liaising with relevant suppliers to support the proposed technical solution.
- Ensure that all technical aspects of the concept and proposed solution are achievable.
- Preparation of budgetary costings related to the concept ideas.
- Research and attain an understanding of developing technologies to best support future concept development.
- Provide direct support to the development of new business opportunities.
- Attend meetings with customers and suppliers, where and when needed.
Skills and Experience
* A Degree in Design or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience in industry.
* Experience designing moving mechanical parts and assemblies. An understanding of robotics, automation, or industrial systems would be a benefit.
* Designing for a range of different materials
* 3D CAD experience
* Experience with Concept Design
* Experience working with Customers
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Design Engineer
- Rail jobs on the rise for engineers considering working on HS2
The new vision for a £286m revamp of Birmingham International station has been unveiled and it promises thousands of job opp...
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...