- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Principal Transport Planner
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience Transport Planner to join a leading consultancy in Bristol as a Principal Transport Planner.
The role requires a thorough understanding of transport planning policy, and will involve the promotion of development sites from site identification/acquisition, planning application submission, discharge of planning conditions and monitoring through the implementation various management and travel plans.
The role will be to deliver market leading consultancy advice, necessitating a sound understanding of client requirements on projects and recognition of competing stakeholders' interests, combined with effective commercial and resource management. You will provide support to senior staff as well as developing your own project management and commercial skills.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in a related subject (a Masters degree in transport would be desirable) and post graduate work experience as a Transport Planner/Transport Engineer within a consultancy or local authority environment. You should possess solid written and verbal communication skills to be able to liaise with clients and discuss ideas with non-technical stakeholders.
- Principal Transport Planner responsible for production of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and Transport Statements, attendance at Public Consultation and regular attendance at team meetings.
- Role includes helping to manage a growing Transport Department
- Outputs include reports, calculations and correspondence.
- All applicants should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and have strong analytical skills.
- Experience using software packages such as PICADY (JUNCTIONS 8), ARCADY, LINSIG, TRICS and TEMPRO is essential.
- Experience of AutoCAD would be preferable, although not essential.
- Hold a relevant degree (i.e. Transport Planning, Geography, Engineering, Maths) or a post graduate qualification in Transport Planning / Engineering
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team in various disciplines and types of project.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to develop a career in the field of Transport planning and the development sector.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?