- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Principal Transport Planner
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience Transport Planner to join a leading consultancy in Bristol as a Principal Transport Planner.
The role requires a thorough understanding of transport planning policy, and will involve the promotion of development sites from site identification/acquisition, planning application submission, discharge of planning conditions and monitoring through the implementation various management and travel plans.
The role will be to deliver market leading consultancy advice, necessitating a sound understanding of client requirements on projects and recognition of competing stakeholders' interests, combined with effective commercial and resource management. You will provide support to senior staff as well as developing your own project management and commercial skills.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in a related subject (a Masters degree in transport would be desirable) and post graduate work experience as a Transport Planner/Transport Engineer within a consultancy or local authority environment. You should possess solid written and verbal communication skills to be able to liaise with clients and discuss ideas with non-technical stakeholders.
- Principal Transport Planner responsible for production of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and Transport Statements, attendance at Public Consultation and regular attendance at team meetings.
- Role includes helping to manage a growing Transport Department
- Outputs include reports, calculations and correspondence.
- All applicants should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and have strong analytical skills.
- Experience using software packages such as PICADY (JUNCTIONS 8), ARCADY, LINSIG, TRICS and TEMPRO is essential.
- Experience of AutoCAD would be preferable, although not essential.
- Hold a relevant degree (i.e. Transport Planning, Geography, Engineering, Maths) or a post graduate qualification in Transport Planning / Engineering
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team in various disciplines and types of project.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to develop a career in the field of Transport planning and the development sector.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...
- Wylfa Newydd power station to create thousands of new jobs
What job opportunities could the Wylfa Newydd nuclear plant offer engineers?