- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Structural Draughtsman - Marine Vessel
Great opportunity for a structural Draughtsman contractor looking to pick up a 6 month contract with potential extension. (THIS IS NOT WITH BAE)
There may well be scope for the contract to be expended beyond the 6 months depending on work load. We are looking for an experienced structural draughtsman / CAD operator to work on marine projects ideally with Auto CAD and ship constructor experience. the ideal person will come from shipyard vessel experince.
As the Structural draughtsman you will be required to prepare project drawings and models using 2D/3D drawing software as well as prepare structural scantling drawings to class requirements in support of vessel design, vessel upgrades and modifications. The Structural Draughtsman will create modifications of drawings and plans. Review and approve structural design proposals. Ensure accuracy of work for client submission, drawing approval and for construction. Coordinate and cooperate with other disciplines on new design requirements, design interference checks and design changes.
Requirements for the Structural Draughtsman:
- Experience of design of ships or marine structures.
- An excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and engineering skills.
- Have experience of working and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently on challenging projects that may have tight timelines.
- Have the ability to provide technical support to Production from enquiry stage to completion.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Project, Word and other software such as AutoCAD.
- Experienced in the use of 3D CAD to include Ship Constructor.
- Experience of ship design, including, layout and budget estimation.
- A solid Engineering background, with demonstrable knowledge of vessels' structure, machinery and systems.
- Familiarity with Classification Society and IMO rules and regulations.
Please call for an informal discussion 01489 898 156
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.