- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Electrical Engineer
My Client is recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer with a background in the Water Sector.
The job holder will require a developed practical and theoretical understanding of the full range of Electrical requirements within the business. The role will involve development of feasibility assessments for projects, and delivery of the technical aspects of scopes and feasibility designs to hand over to the Projects team, including developing scopes to outline design, providing technical support to tender and contract document review.
The role will require the job holder to design a diverse range of projects, from feasibility through to outline design, to ensure the company achieves value in the delivery of the capital programme, with minimal impact on customers.
As the Technical Lead for Electrical Engineering, the post holder is responsible for defining, following, and updating the company specification, as the Electrical Engineering Technical Lead to ensure industry best practices and new technologies are introduced and maintained within the company.
The role will require project management skills and knowledge of contract management to ensure consultants and contractor's employed to assist in design are managed correctly and to ensure that the correct corporate governance procedures are adhered to.
The role will require understanding and incorporation Health and Safety, environmental and energy efficiency considerations into all aspects of design.
On some occasions, the role will require technical support and advice to Production Projects for delivery of Projects including detailed design review.
The role will require close liaison with Stakeholders, which will include early scope definition, defining clearly and recording requirements, maintaining progress updates, clearly defining the impact of change to projects, recording and reporting with time and cost effect any Stakeholder change impact.
To deliver these design outputs, the role will be required to deliver effective technical reports and cost assessment of proposed engineering solutions.
- Supervise or undertake development of technical options to engineering problems using the Solutions Process, to deliver the best engineering Solution for cost and benefit delivery
- Undertake or supervise feasibility studies for a variety of electrical projects
- Support the Solutions Manager/Project Manager in the project management of projects, including the monitoring and control of project costs.
- Provide Technical Authority to support the Company in maintaining the Electrical Specification, ensuring project compliance with the Specification and review of technical impact of project changes.
- Manage consultants and contractors including their selection where necessary
- Provide Senior Technical review and support for Electrical applications throughout Production Projects.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Extensive experience of Electrical orientated projects feasibility assessment, outline, and detailed design
- Experience in the delivery of Electrical and/or ICA projects
- A commercial and strategic mind-set; understanding the role of Project Management in delivering corporate goals and managing risk
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with a proven ability to communicate, support and challenge people across different business functions, backgrounds and all levels of seniority.
- Highly numerate with the ability to analyse problems and seek solutions in a structured way.
- A highly motivated, flexible, reliable person who can work independently or as an integral team member.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills at all levels and the ability to recognise, plan and deliver business change.
- A proven track record of the production and review technical documents and to research and produce said documents for wider publication
- Experienced and proficient in the All Microsoft Office software
- Document Management Systems experience and approval knowledge
- Various specialist calculation software (AMTEC useful)
- HND or Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical related degree / certificates
- Chartered professional status
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Electrical Engineer
- Wylfa Newydd power station to create thousands of new jobs
What job opportunities could the Wylfa Newydd nuclear plant offer engineers?
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...