- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Project Buyer - NPI
Driven by an increase in customer demand, Ricardo is now implementing a strategy that will lead to the supply of automotive battery systems to this sector. This vacancy is an opportunity to be involved in the growth of this exciting new venture.
As a Senior Buyer, you will be responsible for the management of purchased parts from concept to series production from the suppliers and projects you are assigned. Working alone or leading a small team on designated projects your key objectives will include:
- Meeting with Ricardo Clients to discuss/define Purchasing requirements and coordinate supply chain activities between suppliers, clients & Engineering/project teams.
- Maintaining and promoting relationships with clients, suppliers and the wider Ricardo project purchasing team in identification & development of purchasing best-practise across the business.
- Liaising with suppliers and Engineering teams on design feasibility issues, expediting orders and agreeing concessions or return rejects
- Procurement of project goods including bespoke parts/tooling manufactured drawings, along with design/development, and other technical services.
- Identification & evaluation of potential supply partners (working closely with SQA).
- Responsible for Supplier Nomination activities including; carrying out audits, NDA's, T&C's, risk evaluation, competitive bidding (RFQ), negotiating prices of/with UK and international suppliers.
- Control spend against budget and forecasting to completion of project
- Ownership of the end-to-end, purchase-to-pay process for projects assigned
- Coordination and Maintenance of supplier held tooling registers
Relevant Experience and Personal Attributes
Experience of NPI and/or Buying role and a skill set that would match well the role requirements defined. Preferably gained within the automotive sector but other industries would be considered. Relevant experience within the supply chain of battery (or similar/related) systems would be advantageous.
- Experience working in an Engineering or manufacturing environment essential
- Knowledge of BoM's, PO Processes, familiarity with technical drawings.
- Experience for part Supplier Nomination process
- A working knowledge of contract law
- Attention to detail, accurate, numerically astute
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to close the deal in short time frames.
- Strong customer focus with a flexible approach to succeed in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong data management skills and IT literacy. Experience with SAP & Baan Purchasing an advantage
- Resourceful and process good interpersonal skills
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) is desirable.
- Ability to communicate well with the team, internal customers and external suppliers, with an understanding of escalation process and requirements
- Demonstrates the highest integrity and ethical values in dealing with clients, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Flexible to travel within UK & overseas from time to time
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.