- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Process Engineer - NPI - Battery Systems
Driven by an increase in customer demand, Ricardo is now implementing a strategy that will supply automotive battery systems to the market. This role is a great opportunity to be part of the growth phase of this exciting new venture.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to be a key member of a team with a broad remit to support the quality of New Product Introduction across projects within the Performance Products division of Ricardo. This division specialises in delivering niche powertrain products to many premium brand customers. Driven by an increasing level of customer demand, Ricardo Performance Products is now implementing a strategy that will lead to the supply of automotive battery systems to this marketplace. This vacancy is therefore an excellent opportunity to be involved in the growth phase of this exciting new venture, in a field that is increasingly relevant to the future of the automotive industry.
As a Senior Process Engineer you will be responsible for the Processes and Procedures associated with assembly of battery packs from concept to series production. Working alone or leading a small team on designated projects your key objectives will include:
* Design, development and maintenance of manufacturing processes for current and future Programmes.
* Development, implementation and operation of manufacturing processes documentation (DFA, DFM, Build Process, Process Control plan, PFMEA's, Risk Assessments/Safety Systems & Launch Readiness)
* Specification and design of equipment layouts and material flows
* Specification, procurement, commissioning installation and maintenance of tooling and equipment required for battery pack assembly
* Support during Industrialisation the production team to improve production quality and efficiency.
* Support during industrialisation the production line tooling, equipment and End of line to support manufacturing processes.
* Facilitation and achievement of Prototype builds
* Development of assembly work standards to support both Prototype phase and the transfer to HMI instructions for Production
* Continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes to deliver to cost, quality and delivery performance targets.
* To achieve quality standards in a series production environment
Relevant Experience and Personal Attributes
Experience of NPI and/or Process Engineering or a similar role where skills can be transferred into the objectives described above. Preferably gained within the automotive sector but other industries would be considered. Relevant experience within the supply chain of battery (or similar/related) systems would be advantageous.
* Knowledge of automotive technology and product development
* Hands-on experience of lean manufacturing is preferred but not essential
* Preferably experience with various manufacturing processes and components deployed in battery packs (e.g. cells, harnesses, cooling systems, electronic components, fabrications, welding, cell conditioning & EOL testing)
* Understanding off relevant manufacturing methods and detailed drawing dimensioning
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques
* The ability to work as a team or on your own and be self-motivated.
* A good communicator with intercultural and interpersonal skills together with the ability to communicate and present effectively to suppliers and clients at all levels
* Knowledge of IATF 16949 (and preferably ISO 26262)
* Engineering degree or equivalent experience
* This role involves regular travel to suppliers domestically and internationally.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...