- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Project Lead - NPI - Battery Systems
Ricardo are looking for a proven Project Leader, who is experienced in battery systems/related technologies to work in this permanent role, on site at Shoreham-by-Sea.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to be a key member of a team with a broad remit to support the quality of New Product Introduction across projects within the Performance Products division of Ricardo. This division specialises in delivering niche powertrain products to many premium brand customers. Driven by an increasing level of customer demand, Ricardo Performance Products is now implementing a strategy that will lead to the supply of automotive battery systems to this marketplace. This vacancy is therefore an excellent opportunity to be involved in the growth phase of this exciting new venture, in a field that is increasingly relevant to the future of the automotive industry.
Typical projects will range from clean sheet implementation of new battery pack assembly lines for niche volumes, through adding capacity and capability to existing facilities to concept studies for early life projects
The main objectives of the role will be:
- To lead all NPI activities for future battery system production programmes, with responsibility for achieving key deliverables and timing, within budget
- To be the main point of management contact, externally (end customer and key suppliers) and internally (senior management and production) with respect to project delivery, launch readiness and manufacturing sign-off
- To drive continuously improving performance in all disciplines up to product launch
- To coordinate purchase, quality assurance, process and engineering disciplines deployed in the project
- To work with the supply chain through component prototype stages to production launch and SOP
- To construct, update and forecast the project plan, driven by key project gateways, management of lead times and resource deployment
- To assess overall project timing and financial performance and report to senior management (at least monthly)
The successful applicant will be able to work within defined guidelines and to deadlines, sometimes under pressure, on their own, or as part of a team. They should be an excellent communicator, highly motivated and interested in identifying and making positive improvement to our standards of project delivery. They should also have a proven ability to build relationships at all levels and influence effectively over the long term.
Key experience and attributes required:
- Proven leader with strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and with customers and suppliers.
- Able to lead meetings, reporting & presenting to Suppliers and Clients
- Experience in Automotive Engineering (preferably in battery systems or related technology)
- Possess a keen interest in the state of the art for battery systems, their future evolution and the consequences for their manufacture
- Conversant in manufacturing methods relevant to battery assembly (preferably including knowledge of precision welding, cell conditioning and EoL testing)
- Able to understand system specifications (electrical, electronic and mechanical) and engineering drawings
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and documentation including: DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, including relevant component inspection processes
- Proven experience of working with and implementing lean manufacturing principles
- Understanding of APQP and PPAP of components
- Ability to deploy problem solving techniques such as 8D systems
- Knowledge of ISO9000, ISO14000, ISO26262 & TS16949
- Proficient IT skills
- Flexible to travel within UK & overseas from time to time
- Good negotiation skills.
The successful candidate will be of Degree/HND calibre in an appropriate technical discipline. A professional project management background. A clear track record of achievement in an engineering or technical or manufacturing environment is essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?