- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our client are a cutting edge touch screen manufacturer based in Fareham. They currently have a requirement for a high levelk software engineer to work on their own, in house, design tools.
This role is part of a small team of engineers focused on developing bespoke hardware, software and firmware in support of new and existing products.
This role can be considered in two main parts:
- Creating software to support and demonstrate the capabilities of bespoke force sensing touchscreen products and also for touch sensor products that use 3rd party controllers
- Supporting a Java library of polygon manipulation libraries that we use to create the CAD drawings for touch sensors
This role could therefore be summarised as:
"A role requiring inventive, creative and often "artistic" software GUI development, using high level programming languages to create end-user tools and demo software for our products. Some amount of algorithm creation will be required as well as a good ability to produce high quality, attractive and easy-to-use software"
The successful candidate will spend the majority of their time split between tool and demo creation (perhaps 70%) and Java tool maintenance (perhaps 10%) with the balance used to support some legacy tools and products
Job Qualification & Experience Requirements
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in a related topic.
- Strong experience of high level language e.g. C++/C#/VB coding.
- Experience of Java coding.
- Hands-on experience developing simple algorithmic routines.
- Experience of software deployment and installers.
- Hands-on experience creating end-user software tools.
- High-level of numeracy.
- Good documentation skills.
- Experience of working within an ISO9000 framework with version controls.
- Demonstrable record of project completion.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.