- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Project Quantity Surveyor
Our client, a joint venture of industry leading organizations are looking to strengthen their Commercial capability with a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be based ar Riverside Sewerage Treatment Works in Rainham.
- Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc. Coordinate any responses required with Commercial Manager.
- Liaise with the client, client representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including the agreement of additional monies.
- Cost management for project/section of works
- Understand allowances for elements of work (preliminaries, materials, subcontract etc.)
- Understanding of cost to end of reporting period and comparison with allowance
- Understand forecast cost to completion
- Value management for project/section of works
- Prepare interim and final accounts
- Understanding of true value to end of reporting period and comparison with actual cost expended
- Understanding of forecast final value at completion
- Change management for project/section of works
- Recording of change and allocation of responsibility
- Evaluation and recovery of any change that is not our risk/liability including recovery from 3rd parties
- Risk and opportunity management for project/section of works
- Management (with operations team) of known and newly identified risks and opportunities for best project return
- Identification and implementation of mitigation measures
- Procurement for project/section of works
- Ensure all involved in procurement for project understand allowances for items they are responsible for and the procedures to be followed
- Maintain procurement schedules
- Prepare subcontract documentation, issue enquiries, and negotiate agreements including interim and final accounts
- Financial reporting for project/section of works
- Prepare and issue monthly cost/value reconciliations and cost/forecast reconciliations
- Prepare cash forecast
- Prepare quarterly forecasts
- Support Commercial Manager for project
- Provide training and support for junior commercial staff and operational staff who you are supporting
- Identification, preparation and negotiation of claims
- A comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation.
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
- Self motivated and confident
- Financially astute
- Good communication skills
- A good decision maker who copes well under pressure
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Preferably qualified to ICES or RICS accreditation
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...