- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Due to an increase in workload for the coming year, my client are looking for experience Project Managers with a client background to join their team.
The role of the Project Manager in the Investment Delivery SPN team is to project manage and provide construction assurance on a portfolio of, or individual projects from inception to completion.
The Project Manager is responsible for agreeing and implementing the project delivery strategy.
The role will require the Project Manager to forecast resource and material requirements, monitor project costs and delivery, manage contractor performance and provide regular reports.
The role also includes liaison with Design, Infrastructure Planning, Procurement, Supply Chain, Network Operations and Asset Management.
- Deliver projects / portfolio of projects from inception to completion to time, quality, cost maintaining the highest levels of safety and environmental management
- Ensure construction assurance through audits on quality of work, technical competencies, adherence to specifications, compliance with testing and commissioning procedures and safety and environmental procedures. Ensure that the required project completion data is completed and submitted for processing
- Produce delivery plans and ensure adequate provision of direct / contract resources, materials and services to ensure that project programmes are maintained
- Manage commercial arrangements with contractors to ensure that contractual arrangements are met and that cost controls are in place
- Provide monthly reports including achievement, costs and forecasts
- Identify and manage the portfolio of projects delivery risks and provide early warning to mitigate and manage the level of risk exposure.
- Contribution and accountability on the assigned portfolio of projects for regulatory reporting requirements, including auditing of actual and forecast cost and output data.
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as Infrastructure Planning, Design, Connections, Supply Chain, Network Operations, Procurement and Commercial Management to ensure that projects are managed from inception to completion
- Ensure that all work is carried out to provide very high levels of Customer Service e.g. minimise Customer Interruptions & Customer Minutes Lost, network risk, and customer complaints
- Ensure that all workers engaged on the projects / portfolio of projects are fully aware of all safety and environmental requirements
- Develop the project execution plan and prepare and present project governance approval papers
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of managing construction and/or engineering projects of values in the region of £10m plus
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, excellent interpersonal skills and strong commercial awareness
- Ideally you will have an Degree in Electrical Engineering , or Civil Engineering all with a Project Management bias
- Excellent understanding of construction management best practice
- A safety qualification such as IOSH Managing Safely will be advantageous as will experience of working with the CDM regulations and ISO9001 quality processes
- Knowledge and experience of Primavera P6, online project collaboration tools, Microsoft Project, the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word and Access) and project management techniques
- A recognised project management qualification/membership for example APM or Chartered status would be an advantage
Nature and Scope:
- The Investment Delivery team is part of the Capital Programme & Procurement directorate. The team is responsible for programme management of NAMP lines and work closely with framework contractors to deliver the programme.
- The role of a Project Manager in Investment Delivery is more biased towards Project Management skills than operational skills, although some operational experience would be advantageous.
- The Project Manager will be able to coordinate and lead and a matrix structured multi-disciplinary, multi-contract project team, and provide the necessary direction, targets and project milestones to ensure effective use of resources.
- The Project Manager will ensure that key functions of the overall project delivery are in place. These include scopes of work, procurement processes, capital approval, resource planning (materials and people), project delivery, reporting and review.
- The Project Manager role may have a portfolio that is NAMP line specific or cover a range of NAMP lines.
- The Capital Programme directorate is planning to increase the Project Management competence in the team and therefore the successful candidate will be required to undertake a formal qualification in Project Management.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Project Manager
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...