- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our client has just had a new and exciting opportunity arise for an experienced Drainage Engineer to join their growing team in London, to work on and support on a number of interesting and challenging projects.
Our client is currently working on a wide variety of major and challenging infrastructure projects for the private and public sector. They are now seeking to strengthen and expand the team to continue their current sucess. the ideal candidate will have experience in the design of infrastructure drainage projects (including SUDS), as well as experienced in the use of Micro-drainage.
- Managing and supporting the team on a number of specific projects
- Conducts site visits / surveys, as well as liaising with other parts of the business and clients
- Deliverying specific project work
- Ideally academically qualified and working towards CEng or
- IEng candidates would be considered as would candidates wishing to progress their careers - as attitude and positivity is a key attribute
- You will have experience in drainage infrastructure projects (including highway drainage) and general building drainage works.
- Knowledge of Drainage Design Competence (Knowledge of SfA and the Building Regulations)
- Also, Knowledge of current and emerging SUDS technology and legislation is also required
- The successful individual will be required to undertake liaison with statutory regulators and approvers.
- Competence in Microdrainage and experience in 3D drainage design advantageous
- Ability to use AutoCAD to support drainage design work (ability in civils 3D would be an advantage)
- Competence in preparing specification documents using SfA, Specification for highway works, NTSS
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a medium term objective of undertaking a controlled client facing role
- Good organisational skills
- Experience in undertaking flood risk assessments would be advantageous
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?