- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Project Engineer (Leeds & Bishopstoke)
Our client has two vacancies for Project Engineers in Leeds and Bishopstoke. Candidates require a strong civil background, knowledge of HV Cables and supervisory experience. National Grid experience would be beneficial.
We are currently looking for one Project Engineer based at Bishopstoke and one Project Engineer based at Leeds. Reporting to the Area Manager they will be responsible for supervising a range of installation activities on projects and maintenance services throughout the UK. The positions will cover, but not be limited to, the following duties:
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely, competently and effectively achieving scope, programme and budget.
- Identifying and promoting commercial opportunities.
- Actively monitoring civil engineering activities and installation staff allocated to the site in order to efficiently complete projects.
- Reviewing and monitoring projects using MS Project.
- Liaison between head office, customer, sub-contractors and site based employees.
- Ensuring compliance to safety, environmental, quality and security procedures. Promote a culture of safety, quality and environmental best practice at all times by means of effective communication and site audits.
- Requisition and control project materials.
- Liaise internally and externally to ensure all targets and key milestones are met and ensure all works are carried out to company procedure.
This position may suit someone who wishes to use his or her technical and project management skills in a new career and has the ability to be flexible to travel throughout the UK and NI for extended periods of time.
- Preferable, but not essential depending on experience, an HND or degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous experience within a construction and/or electricity industry type environment with a good understanding of HV cable systems and construction/civil engineering matters.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Proven people management skills and an ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- A driving licence is essential
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?