- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Building Control Surveyor
Our Client is looking for a Senior to Principal level Building Control Surveyor to join an already strong team. The role will see you form 1 of 2 Principal Surveyors playing a vital part of the clients future plans.
Purpose of the Job:
- To be responsible to the Manager of Building Control, or the Head of Planning when acting as proxy for the Manager, for ensuring that all the requirements relating to building control are carried out in an economic, effective, efficient and equitable manner by the Building Control team.
- To act as one of the Council's second most senior building control advisor for the professional matters which are the responsibility of Building Control.
- To ensure fulfilment of the Council's duties with regard to building control across the Borough, resulting from the following legislative and corporate responsibilities:
- the Building Act 1984 and associated Regulations
- the London Building Acts (Amendment) Act 1939 including dangerous structures
- partnership authority schemes,
- professional advice and business development associated with building control, and
- other areas of the building industry that may become relevant to the role.
- To ensure that services provided by Building Control to external clients, bodies and partners and the Council are delivered to the highest standard.
- To be an exemplary deputy manager to the team to ensure it achieves a high quality, customer focused and professional service while being efficient and cost effective
- Supervise staff within Building Control Team, in conjunction with the Manager and the other Principal Building Control Surveyor, including -
- assigning and monitoring of workloads related to operational and other activities;
- providing positive performance management and target setting including review mechanisms to monitor progress and achievement of objectives;
- assisting officers to explore and implement individual personal development plans;
- ensuring compliance with corporate policies related to Code of Conduct, leave, sickness and the like.
Before applying please consider that you will be expected to have:
- Sound knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulatory framework for the provision of the Building Control function.
- Up-to-date knowledge of building control related technical matters including traditional techniques and continually strives for knowledge of innovative techniques.
- Specialist knowledge of building control related subjects including fire engineering, energy efficiency, access audits, structural appraisal and the like.
- Background in pre-application negotiation and capacity to secure work.
- Excellent plan checking skills of large complex projects.
- Capable of carrying out risk based assessment for the purposes of operating an effective site inspection regime.
- Demonstrated background of dangerous structures assessment and directing emergency works.
For further info/Job Description please contact Jerone Elson using the details listed or apply today.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.