- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
My client is looking for a a Site Engineer based out of their Watford office on a Permanent basis.
The purpose of this role is to provide site engineering duties for a number of projects within the region. The Site Engineer will establish the level and survey control for contracts and set out detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring that checks are made on a regular basis.
- Establish the level and survey control for contracts
- Set out detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring checks are carried out on a regular basis
- Ensure that records are accurate and comply with organisational and legal requirements
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time
- Produce procurement schedules for the jobs and liaise with the procurement department to ensure site have adequate resources to complete the tasks
- Produce ITP's and Task Briefings
- Produce 2 week look ahead in conjunction with the Site Agent
- Produce Site Diaries and Allocation Sheets
Health, safety & environment:
- Comply with company procedures and legal obligations
- Promote and comply with environmental compliance
- Deliver the works safely and to deadline
- Promote best practice
- Comply with Company procedures
- Ensure work is delivered defect/snag free
- Endeavour to spot and highlight value engineering opportunities
Key measures & targets:
- Accurate and timely setting out of the works
- Timely handover of works and Quality records without outstanding defects
- Production of accurate records, drawing registers and weekly diaries
- Site team
- Customer technical representative
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
Previous experience of setting out structures, drainage, ducts, earthworks and concrete structures on civil engineering projects
Setting out - line and level control
Managing sub-contractors activities and safety
Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations
Fully conversant with the use of robotic total station or EDM instruments
Degree/HNC qualified, or equivalent, in civil engineering
Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with both clients and staff
Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
SMSTS OR SSSTS
First aid training
Buried service location and avoidance
Cable avoidance training
Confined space training
NEBOSH or IOSH
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...
- Wylfa Newydd power station to create thousands of new jobs
What job opportunities could the Wylfa Newydd nuclear plant offer engineers?