- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client are looking for a Project Engineer that is comfortable working working in the office and on site to drive the project forward. Candidates will require a understanding on 11kv equipment.
- Resources - Manage resources for individual projects identifying any changes needed (people and equipment).
- Liaison - Regular liaison and cooperation with the Heathrow Airport Manager, Operations Team and Cost Analyists, to ensure comprehensive understanding of current and future design/developments.
- Planning - using available planning tools, and with the assistance of the Project Planner, to create, update and regularly review a task/resource schedule which is for the purpose of identifying excess or shortfall of resource against the proposed work plan.
- Governance - Ensure projects follow PG&C process and are effectively prepared for presentation to the Airports Project Board working with the Finance and Governance Teams.
- Reporting - Ensure regular reporting of progress and performance to governance bodies and stakeholders including client
- Stakeholders - Ensure stakeholders support for and perception of project performance and delivered value remains high i.e. are kept informed of project progress, change and risk as necessary
- PG&C - Work with the Senior Cost Manager and Performance and Governance
- Responsibility for managing the complete project lifecycle
- RAID - Proactively manage project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies and understand the principles of risk management
- Safety - Ensure all workers engaged on the project are fully aware of HSE requirements
- Costs - Manage the project budget to ensure spend is kept within agreed tolerance
- Time - Manage project delivery to ensure agreed milestones are met
- Quality - Ensure project is delivered to the requirements specification and agreed quality criteria
- Change - Identify, monitor and control project changes to ensure project remains within agreed scope, cost, time, quality and risk.
- Assurance - Provide visible demonstration that project has delivered to its agreed quality criteria
- Suppliers - Ensure project suppliers meet UKPN Services governance requirements, are monitored for their performance and provide work to agreed quality levels
- Planning - Ensure a project plan is maintained to effective implementation by; identifying work owners, timelines for delivery and any task inter-dependencies
- Contingency - Participate as necessary in contingency strategy planning development and actively participate in the event of the contingency plan being executed due to a major event
- Work - Allocate and authorise all work to project team, suppliers and internal staff including the time spent completing agreed activities
- Team - Ensures all those working on project have a clear understanding of their role and responsibility in delivering a successful project and have the competency to complete their work
- Delivery - Define and manage project; requirements, design, implementation and commissioning and testing
- Ensure project changes are monitored, recorded and reported for approval by the appropriate authority and that appropriate funding is in place to proceed
- Act as after hours duty manager communicating with the client during large scale reactive jobs and importantly, monitoring the welfare and wellbeing of staff out on reactive jobs
- Work with the Operational Team
- to ensure plans are in place to deal effectively with supply failures and other incidents (including contingency planning) specifically:
- Plans are tested and reviewed regularly
- All staff are aware of their responsibilities and contribution
- Outages are minimised
- Incidents are dealt with effectively and safely
- UKPN Services' reputation for effective incident management is recognised by the client
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.