- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Engineering Project Manager
I am recruiting for an Engineering Project Manager to complete two partially designed and specified projects through to full operational commissioning. The priority project is the completion of an automatic line for production purposes.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will manage all aspects of the two projects working with contractors and a small team of in-house engineers. This is both a practical and management role and you will be expected to practically be involved in the assembly and commissioning of the plant as well as design and specification.
- Producing, reviewing and implementing appropriate documentation including: pre-installation information, schedules of work, specifications, schematics and drawings for tender for each project as appropriate.
- Manage a portfolio of approved Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors and in house engineers through the lifecycle of a project.
- Project cost procurement, analysis, appraisal and budgeting.
- Communicating with colleagues, engaging with specialist consultants as required.
- Ensuring that clear programmes are agreed between the Company and contractors at each phase of the project, updated as required and ensure that key deadlines, both time lines and budgetary, are met.
- Ensure M&E services are installed correctly and to the correct specification.
- Monitoring working practices, managing contractors and ensuring compliance with Health, Safety, Fire, ACOP's and company policies.
- Ensuring receipt of relevant certification, correspondence, documents, drawings, and financial records.
- Provide technical support where required to other internal departments.
- Project analysis and clear progress reporting to management as required.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management.
- There may be some requirement to travel to Telford for other project requirements.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email. Strong IT skills. Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Previous experience working in an Engineering Project Manager role preferably in the chemical or food industry.
- Have the ability to work both as part of a team and by using own initiative.
- Experience in full project lifecycles, being capable of reading and preparing drawings, writing schedules of work, liaising with consultants, overseeing design issues on site, providing technical advice for all mechanical and electrical matters and general Project Management duties.
- A good working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Desirable commercial industry experience with experience of delivering multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good understanding of technical drawings, schematics and specifications.
Pay & Contract Length:
- Between £35.00 - £40.00 per hour on an Umbrella or Limited Basis.
- 4 Month contract working 37.5 hours per week.
If you are interested in this position please submit your most up to date CV with a daytime contact telephone number.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...