- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Assistant Flood Consultant
An opening has arisen for an Assistant Flood Risk Consultant based in one of my client's offices in either Bath, Exeter or Southampton.
The position is within the water practice area of the Environment Team to assist with their diverse workload. Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of environmental and technical areas but predominantly within the water discipline. The role will incorporate the co-ordination and delivery of flood, hydrology and drainage related projects including feasibility studies, flood risk assessments, EIA chapters, hydraulic modelling and concept designs. It will involve supporting and working with the water team and project managers across the wider practice. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative team and to develop a variety of skills within a busy and expanding team. Training, support and mentoring will be provided at a level to suit the applicant.
Key work areas shall include: -
- Providing project specific support including Flood Studies (such as FRAs for planning purposes), Hydraulic Modelling (experience with TuFLOW, MIKE, HEC-RAS or MicroDrainage will be advantageous), Concept Drainage Design, Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Support with Water Quality and Hydrogeology projects along with Sustainability Appraisals and Environmental Management Plans.
- Assisting with coordination and supporting the established team in the delivery of specific actions or projects and other deliverables within their existing workload.
- Responding to project briefs, preparing calculations, specifications, designs, reports, drawings, liaising with other team members and providing progress updates.
- Liaising with clients, contractors, architects, planners and other professionals concerning all areas relevant to t projects.
The successful candidate shall be self-motivated, confident and affable with the desire to develop as an individual and build successful working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Appropriate BEng/BSc or equivalent qualification.
- MEng or MSc in an environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean driving licence.
- Graduate Member of a professional organisation e.g. CIWEM or ICE.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Proficient user of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. Knowledge of AutoCAD, ArcGIS/QGIS is desirable.
- It would be advantageous to have hydrologic/hydraulic modelling software experience of fluvial and sewered systems such as FEH, TuFLOW, MIKE, HEC-RAS, and MicroDrainage.
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data.
- Capable of developing concept design drawings for drainage and flood mitigation works.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English.
- Capable of producing clear and concise written reports, such as those for planning purposes.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own workload.
- Capable of working both independently and effectively within a team.
- Ability to use initiative and think innovatively.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated.
- Interest in the sustainability agenda and environmental developments in the industry
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.