- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
To perform specialist, laboratory based, Materials Technology activities within a specified discipline of metals, as dictated by business requirements and production needs.
- Provide specialist materials technology to all relevant Laboratory process partners, Execute technical process control of materials related production processes, support the approval of Materials, Components and Processes for use in production - to ensure that materials technology and related production processes all adhere to OEM Group policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Support the development of problem containment solutions, Understand and contribute to the elimination of materials related problems and issues arising from field and performance testing to ensure that all materials related problems and issues are resolved and, wherever possible, prevented through the continuous improvement of processes and working practices.
- Define and carry out test plans and materials investigations using specialist materials testing methods and analysis.
- Carry out Laboratory service activities across UK sites and Laboratories.
- Design and maintain appropriate process and materials databases.
- Conclude and recommend materials investigation activity results
- Apply broad knowledge in appropriate materials & processing technologies, testing and analysis techniques.
- Demonstrate a good level of problem solving and use of quality tools.
- Determine problem root cause and identify appropriate recommendations for robust resolution within problem resolution teams.
- Communication and presentation skills at all levels.
- Flexibility, teamwork and coaching skills
- Develops technical interfaces with all technology partners & within the Technical Laboratory organisation
- Develop and propose control limits within materials related processes.
- Recognise the severity of a problem & prioritise actions.
- Evaluation of current laboratory practices, procedures & equipment & propose requirements for improvement.
- Recommend appropriate actions to deliver robust problem resolution activities when materials features are critical.
- Following process reviews parameter alterations are identified to improve process time and /or quality outputs.
- Document all relevant activities, investigations in Lab reports and IT systems
- Qualified to Degree level, in a Materials or Process related field.
- 5+ years experience in a laboratory environment
- Some hands on experience of laboratory based material analysis
- 3+ years experience in automotive production
- Science based education and experience relevant to job role.
- Good Communication and presentation skills
- High degree of self motivation and reliability essential
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivation and reliability essential.
- Some German language ability.
- Capable of working alone or in a multi functional team.
- Working knowledge of Problem Resolution Techniques.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental impacts.
- Technical apprenticeship desirable.
- Membership of a professional institution is desirable.
- Broad knowledge of production processes and OEM wider business to support technical knowledge
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems