- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
A new opportunity has just become available for an ambitious and driven Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our client in their Southampton office.
This position is ideal for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor looking to develop their career and learn new skills, as well as Assistant Quantity Surveyors looking for a change and a new challenge with a multinational contractor.
- Be ambitious and driven to develop and support other team members
- Assist in the management of Subcontractor accounts, including review of applications for payment and issuing of payment notices
- Assist in producing and analysing cost and value reports against forecast in conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Attend periodic Forecast & Review meetings with Commercial and Operational teams when requested
- Assist in the preparation of EWN's and CE's as required by the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Administer Contractor/Subcontractor change control procedures;
- Assist in gathering information to enable responses to the Clients audit queries
We're looking for:
- Experience of working within highways maintenance preferably with a contracting organisation, particularly under the NEC suite.
- A confident communicator orally and in writing to deliver accurate information in a way that meets the needs of client and relevant third parties.
- Ability to effectively plan their workload, to maintain a methodical approach, be consistent and conscientious at all times and have an analytical and inquisitive mind.
- Ability to develop excellent relationships with contacts at all levels - from Subcontractors and Suppliers to colleagues and contacts across the company
- Interested in working towards an ICES or RICS accreditation.
- Must be IT proficient and knowledge of CPA/Inform/IFS would be an advantage.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.