- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
We are currently recruiting for a Programme Manager to work for an exciting space/aerospace company developing brand new engine technology.
Job Role/ Purpose
To lead one or more projects within the Company's engine development programme
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage the execution and performance of the project, or projects, to ensure that schedule, cost and technical objectives are met
- Manage the interactions with Customers, partners, contractors and other key internal and external stakeholders to ensure that an appropriate level of communication is maintained and expectations are met
- Ensure that project management plans are produced and maintained and that progress and financial reports are generated when required
- Actively identify and manage risks and issues to ensure the best possible outcomes for the projects
- Ensure the project scope is aligned with requirements and objective while maintaining sufficient control of any changes
- Manage and motivate the project team, ensuring that roles and responsibilities are defined and regularly reviewed
- Liaise with other teams and functions within the Company (such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Export Control, Finance, etc.) to ensure the effective execution of the project
- Provide support to the management of the overall programme, particularly regarding strategy, review of objectives, resourcing, schedules and Customer and stakeholder management
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant technical subject
Knowledge and Experience
- A proven track record in space, aerospace or defence sector project management, preferably in the field of gas turbine or rocket propulsion development or similar high value technology
- A clear understanding of the role and responsibilities of the project manager within an innovative and complex technology demonstration or product design and development environment
Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent leadership and decision-making abilities
- Self-motivated but with the ability to work successfully with inter-disciplinary teams, providing guidance and inspiration
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present complex data to stakeholders at all levels, including Customers and Senior Management
- Work to a high level of detail and establish appropriate priorities in carrying out responsibilities and in meeting deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including standard office applications and project management software
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...